The Iraq Story
- The Iraq Stock Exchange represents a large untapped potential and has witnessed a surge in performance over the past year.
- The economy of Iraq grew an estimated 10% in 2016, the highest in the region and across emerging markets.
- The country is rebuilding the non-oil economy, improving judicial and legislative systems and encouraging investment.
- There are no foreign limits on investment and foreign reserves are high at over US$ 50bn.
- The economy and the stock market is operating below capacity, combined with a young and educated population, Iraq is forecasted to grow exponentially over the coming years, which will certainly be reflected within the ISX.
|Investors||Local Market||Professional & Technical Service Providers|
|Institutional Investors||Ministers||Trading Technology|
|Emerging Market & Frontier Funds||Director Generals||Equity Research Houses|
|Sovereign Wealth Funds||Central Bank||Investment Banks|
|Family Offices||Listed Companies||Law Firms|
|PE funds||Depository Centre||Business Consulting|
|Private and HNW Investors||Private Companies||Brokers|
Aim and Objectives of ISX Forum
- To highlight the outstanding opportunities for investment in the Iraq Stock Exchange.
- To provide a forum for effective networking and exchange between key stakeholders in the Iraq Stock Exchange, local listed companies, brokers, international organisations, government stakeholders, investors and service providers.
- To discuss the performance of the ISX, showcasing its growth, development and outlook.
- Highlight the key challenges facing the market, including liquidity, custody and transparency.
- To discuss international foreign investment perspectives and portfolio allocation.
- To promote greater investment into the stock market.
- To discuss the listing process and listings on the horizon.
- To discuss new financing instruments and services, including Sukuk issuance and OTC derivatives.